Math and statistics toolboxes
A variety of computation tools for doing math and statistics in data analysis.
See also: General programming info on some of the tools mentioned below
General numerical tools
- NumPy- Implements n-dimensional arrays and related numerical methods. Most python math/stats toolboxes are built on this module.
- gretl- Gnu regression, Econometrics and Time-series library.
- pandas- the Python Data Analysis Library.
- Has DataFrame objects - equivalent to the data.frame object in R
- Has tools for many statistics (covariance, correlation, regression)
- Timeseries analysis
- Missing data functions
- Some stats may be moved to StatsModels (below)
- StatsModels- Python module with classes and functions for many statistical models, tests, and data exploration.