MODIS NPP (MOD17)
It seems there are 2 versions of this product: 1) The original datasets produced by NASA, and 2) an improved version by the U. Montana NTSD group that reduces the amount of "cloud contamination" and improves the underlying climate dataset.
Version 55, available in several time formats:
- Annual (A3, MOD17A3 directory) data
- Monthly (Monthly A2, Monthly_MOD17A2 directory), in year and month subdirectories
- 8 day (A2, MOD17A2 directory) in year and day of year subdirectories
- In each subdirectory there is one .hdf file for each tile (see projection and tiling info below)
Getting the data
- Go to the links listed above and navigate to the correct directory
- MODIS data comes in spatial extent tiles following the "MODIS Sinusoidal tiling system"
- For New Mexico the correct tiles are is H8V5 and H9V5